[TowerTalk] Switching 450 ohm twinlead?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Switching 450 ohm twinlead?
From: Km4ja@aol.com (Km4ja@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 15:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-06 14:00:45 EDT, jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid) writes:

<< There can be no "bump" of impeadance using these that will amount
 to any problem.  Only caveat is the use of 115VAC coils,  but
 not a big deal. All the coax antenna relays etc. of the '50's
 were also using 115VAC,  E.F.Johnson used them in the KW
 Matchbox'x for example.  I paid $65 each for the relays,  and
 was thrilled when I saw the quality of construction!!

A means of not having to run the 115 Vac up the tower, would be to put a
115/6.3 v ac fillament transformer (as in Radio shack, ugh!) back to back so
that only 6.3 v ac is running up the tower.  The transformer at the antenna
would switch the voltage from 6.3 vac back to 115 v to operate the relay.

Harvey, KM4JA