[TowerTalk] length of coax feedline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] length of coax feedline
From: KJ6Y@aol.com (KJ6Y@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 10:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-06 19:04:44 EDT, Hanksm@aol.com writes:

<< Hello all you experts!!!   I have a question.  I am planning on changing
my
 antenna.  I will be using a Telrex 10 meter, 5 element beam on a 23 ft boom
 and am going to mount it on a Rohn 58 ft foldover tower with about a 140 ft
 run to the shack.

 I plan to use 9096 coax to feed the antenna.  I choose that antenna coax
 since it is relatively low loss and I plan to use some on VHF and UHF on
 different antennas and no antenna relay.

 As my memory strikes me, the velocity factor enters into the equation of how
 long I need to cut the feedline.

 Can someone advise me if I need to cut the coax to a particular length or
 should I just cut it to whatever length I need?  How will the SWR
 measurements be if i cut it either way?

 Thank you & 73

 Hank
 KD4OL >>

Cut it to reach the back of the radio. anything shorter doesn't seem to work.
Skip, KJ6Y