[TowerTalk] Small Yagi Ideas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small Yagi Ideas
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:31:02 -0400 (EDT)

> TA-32 ot TA-33jr

    A classic smalll trapped tribander.

>  Fritzel FP-23 (?) 2-el (a bit smaller than the TA-32)

    Don't know much about it. If it was more popular I would have heard more
about them. (I think that tells you something.)

>  HyGain TH-3jr or TH2

    Another classic trapped tribbander(s). The TH2 is a real performer. W7EJ
was on Sable island some years ago and it was the best antenna they had.

    When it comes to a small trapped tribander, IMO they all work about the
same (gain equals boom length, remember) so it doesn't make much difference
which one you install. The A3/A4 Cushcrafts are have a good price/performance
ratio as well. The next step up in performance would be to a Force 12 C-3 -
no traps and computer optimized.

      It sounds like you might be a candidate for my paper "Building A One
Tower Station". I've given it at Dayton, W9DXCC and others including a SRO
crowd at Fresno this year. An SASE to TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA,
98072, will get you a free copy.