[TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof-peak mounting of Rohn 25G?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 18:05:02 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-31 11:39:11 EST, wbh3@chrysler.com writes:

<<  I    am primarily worried
 about the TORQUE that will be generated by my KT34-XA, however.  My
 finger has slipped off the rotator brake lever more than once, plus the
 KT34  also swings about 10 to 15 degrees from side to side when the
 wind is blowing putting additional stress on the roof.  I discarded the
 idea of using  25G because of its small footprint.

     The 25G would have to be guyed to do the job IMO. The roof-tower has the
bigger footprint plus it has four sides instead of the three for the 25G,
thus giving you more structural rigidity.

     The XA is a pretty big antenna for any installation. Is the tower rated
for your XA?

>>      I  also have a concern about how well my  KT34 will work since it
 will only be 15 feet above my house (a  total of 40 feet above ground)
 where before it was at 50 feet on a separate tower.  As a matter of
 fact, I was going to address this esteemed group with that very
 question anyway. >>

      You might not notice much difference. Probably the DX won't notice
either.

73,  Steve  K7LXC