[TowerTalk] Gamma fixing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gamma fixing
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 19:00:59 +0000 (GMT)
Hi.

   This is the third time I have lost my gamma wire on my 110ft tower! I have an
18 inch spreader clamped to the tower and another two spaced down the tower.
I fix an old piece of coax at the top and just feed it through insulators in
the other
two spreaders down to the bottom. The way I have fixed it is to solder the outer
and inner together onto a large solder tag, a very large and solid one. I then
fix
this to the loop of the spreader at the top. The inherent problem is the weight
of
the coax, since it just hangs on that solder tag. The wind eventually causes it
to fail and the gamma just falls away, quite annoying, since I have to climb the
tower again and take 110ft of coax with me and fix it.

   I would like to hear of some variations on this theme so I can modify my
fixing method!  How do you do it?

73 de Roger, G3LDI

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.