[TowerTalk] Tower Dogs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs
From: michael castellano <mjpc48@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:48:39 -0700 (PDT)
I watched the program with an open mind (having spent about 30 yrs on the iron)
but soon realized the show was just that "a show". True, there was some great
footage from above showing guys working on antennas. Way too little. Most of
this show dealt with looking into the eyes of the blond, watching the crew in
bars, pool halls, and RV's. Tower work? there was some. The show seemed to be
about drunks who happened to climb towers.

You have to ask yourself... if you were not knowledgable about towers and tower
work, what did this show do for you?

I'm wondering...is this a pilot for another reality series?

On another note... someone can help me here... I have never heard the term
"tower dog". is this term from out West or down South? We always were called
"tower JOCKS". curious!

73 and stay safe up there...

Mike KM1R