[TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions --

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Disconnecting cables and lightning (questions --
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 11:34:30 -0400
On 6/6/98 7:38 AM, Tom Osborne at w7why@mail.coos.or.us wrote:

>Bill Coleman wtote:
>
>> Of course, lightning is dumb, and it doesn't understand theory - it
>> strikes where and when it wants....
>
>Not exactly.  I saw a show on TV where they were shooting rockets with
>attached wires into storm clouds, and the lightning followed the wire
>back to the ground.

Yeah, this is what every tower-owner needs, a set of rockets which fires
off into a thunderstorm in order to draw lightning strikes away from the
tower....

Seems like putting in a full PolyPhaser installation would be cheaper.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901