Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550MDP Replacement Limit Switches

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower MA-550MDP Replacement Limit Switches
From: Jim <kj0m@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:03:02 -0500
On Mar 22, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Tom Tygart" <tomtygart@sbcglobal.net>,
on TowerTalk wrote:

> Hello
> I have searched the archives with no luck . Does anyone know a good
> replacement to the limit switchs used on the US Tower MA-550mdp ?
> It has Honeywell switchs on it now but can not make out the model
> number . What have others used as a replacement ? US tower want's
> way too much for their switchs .  Any help or sugestions on this
> subject will be greatly apprecated .  Thanks Tom N9SCY

Hi, Tom.

I have the TX-472MDP and the limit switches are both Allen-Bradley
switches, Catalog #802T-AP, series H. They sell for over $100 each at
US Tower and nearly as much from Allen Bradley, but I was able to
pick a couple up, new, on eBay for $15 each, including shipping.

These were brand new in the box. Got lucky, I guess.

Your tower is different from mine, but I would think the limit
switches are the same or nearly so. If you go out to the Allen
Bradley web site and search for the above part, I think you can find
a picture in their catalog and see if it's close or not.

Hope this helps.

73,

Jim
KJØM