Re: [TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Used Heliax ?
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:05:37 -0500 (EST)
Hi Jim, you likely already make your own. It will be hard to beat a DIY
adapter made with a short length of RG213 or LMR400 and N female one end/ UHF
male other end.

You will need to upgrade your standard if you ever operate above 6m with
significant power.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/24/2011 3:46:19 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jim@audiosystemsgroup.com writes:

On  12/24/2011 1:35 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> The only problem with 7/16 is the  availability and price of them for
RG-8 or
> other flexible cable.   N connectors for RG-8 sized cable are dirt cheap!

My standard RF  connector is UHF, and I adapt everything else to it.
I've been able  to buy Amphenol adapters with a male N and female UHF,
but have not found  Amphenol adapters with female N and male UHF.  Yes, I
can find cheap  junk adapters, but they fall apart and are cheaply made,
often with tiny  center conductors.

Does any know of a source for good quality N female  to UHF male?

73, Jim  K9YC