Re: [TowerTalk] Retracting crankup tower in horizontal position

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Retracting crankup tower in horizontal position
From: "Ed Magnuson" <w1mag@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:45:40 -0400
?I have an HDX-555 crank-up with tiltover. When the tower was installed by
XXTowers, they used the motor to extend it while horizontal to install the
Tailtwister. They had no trouble retracting the tower while horizontal,
although I cannot recall if they raised it slightly with the tilt winch to
get a gravity help. Also have the NN4ZZ tilt-plate. This is a nifty combo
for an old fogey who no longer climbs towers.

Good luck.

Ed,  W1MAG