Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX-48 figures for 90 mph zone

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDBX-48 figures for 90 mph zone
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:56:04 -0500
Bottom line, if the manufacturer can't, or won't, give you 90 mph data or at
least the projected tower area and, taking into account the materials used,
the maximum allowable restraining moment, then they probably know nothing
about things like section modulus and moment of inertia and never did the
calculations themselves, in which case I would have second thoughts about
buying their tower.
Gene / W2LU