Re: [TowerTalk] Attaching to the side of a crank-up

To: Alan NV8A <nv8a@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attaching to the side of a crank-up
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 07:39:16 -0700
I measure the ID of the corner tube where I want to attach something then
buy 2 ea 12 inch pieces of all thread rod to slip inside. I buy 2 nuts for
each rod. Clamp the nuts onto a drilled piece of bar or angle to support
whatever you wish to attach.
  I have actually used this method to  attach a piece of 8 inch aluminum
channel with one side resting on my tower top to support a small car jack to
lift my mast so a rotator can be removed for repair. Part of this setup was
a vertical plate attached to the mast with muffler clamps and extending
outward over the channel to engage the top of the jack. The jack was a
scissor job with a slot across the top as some of them do. The tower has
dual thrust bearings which need to be loosened.

73, Dan, N5AR