Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines

To: Drax Felton <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Proximity to power lines
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 09:22:51 -0700
My antenna is less than 200 feet from 115KV lines.  I've never heard a
peep out of those lines except when it rains.  The corona noise during
the rain is pretty loud.  Fortunately, it doesn't rain that often here
in California so I live with it.  I get far more noise from the MV/LV
neighborhood lines than the HV lines.  The 12KV and lower voltage
lines in my neighborhood have been a constant source of RFI for years.