[TowerTalk] Parasitic Traps on a TH3

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Parasitic Traps on a TH3
From: Thomas Johnson <tjohnson@flytj.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:03:52 -0500
Hi,

I have the traps and tubing from the reflector of a TH3 and would like to
make a rotatable dipole out of what I have.  I downloaded the manual from
the internet and it says something about the traps on the director and
Reflector being "parasitic traps"... does this mean they cant take power?
Any help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I have some surplus aluminum tubing and would like to make a
17m/12m dipole out of this stuff.  Is it feasible to modify two traps from
the TH3?

Just thought I would ask before I dove into this project too far...

Thanks
TJ
K9KJ