Re: [TowerTalk] Raising fixture pulley

To: "KT2Q" <dxdx@optonline.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raising fixture pulley
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:50:00 -0700
Tony: I have a TX472 with the TRX80HD fixture. I replaced the ball bearings
in the tower and the fixture a couple of years ago. The pulley in the
fixture is the same one used in the tower. It uses a cast aluminum pulley 3
1/2 OD x 1/2 thick with a 1/2 inch bolt. The bearing is 4.3cm OD with 1.24
cm ID and the width is 1.56 cm at the center bushing while the rest of the
bearing outer race is 1.265 cm width.Local bearing houses could not find
such a bearing in their catalogs and calls to their sources found nothing.
One house had a bearing with the correct OD but the bore was 5/8. He
suggested I buy a brass bushing they had to put in the center to fit the
bolt. This sounds complicated but the cost was quite reasonable and the
pulleys were rebuilt, new lift cables installed, and it works like new.
73, Dan, N5AR