[Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?
From: wendell@wyly.org (Wendell Wyly W5FL)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:40:40 -0500
Are you sure?  My rotator does not have any relay and the brake and motor
are certainly NOT in series, although it may look like that since there is a
common neutral wire and it is convenient to draw them that way.  Yes,
doubling up on the wire certainly has a POSITIVE benefit if the leads to the
rotator are over 100 feet.

My rotator is old, but the Brake Release simply powers the solenoid to
release the brake (no relay involved).  The Left and Right reverse phase and
make the motor turn opposite directions.  There is a common wire for the
brake and motor, but they are not in series in my rotator.

The pair of leads for the capacitor simply go back to the control box
strictly go to the motor capacitor.  You do not need to take anything loose
to remote the capacitor unless you are going to remove it and use it on the
tower.  Buying a new one with lug terminals is quite inexpensive and then
you do not need to even open the control box, although that is very easy to
do.