[Towertalk] RG213 vs RG8

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RG213 vs RG8
From: wendell@wyly.org (Wendell Wyly W5FL)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:09:56 -0500
Since there hasn't been any approved specification for Contaminating Jacket
type RG8 (50 ohm) (O.D.= 0.405) in about 35 years, I thought RG213 (50 ohm)
with the Non-Contaminating Jacket (O.D. = 0.405)was the exact same size as
it replaced RG8.  What normally makes most coaxes a little different in size
is the dialectric constant of the insulation between the center and outer
conductor require slightly different center conductor sizes to maintain 50
ohm coax or the old double shielding type required a slightly larger O.D.