[Towertalk] Hornet Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Hornet Antennas
From: wendell@wyly.org (Wendell Wyly W5FL)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:26:51 -0500
I had one of the Hornet tri-banders and it worked well for a while.  This
was in 1974.  After a couple of seasons the traps quit working.  Turned out
that they had used copper coils and aluminum elements.  Every single joint
corroded from dis-similar metals and not a single trap was working after two
years.  The company went out of business, simply because it had no
engineering in the antenna design.  Yes, I certainly wished that I had
bought a Mosley as they worked for many years and were designed much better.