Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Down Cable Issues

To: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>, "'Bill Gaines'" <ad8p@wcoil.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pull Down Cable Issues
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:51:27 -0600
I am doing this from memory, but I believe the factory specs state to have a
safety loop of cable (w/ clamps) snaked through the the compression spring
turnbuckles so that if the turnbuckle was to fail, the loop of wire rope
would be your "safety net" in the event of hardware failure.

The LM470 docs are available online, but if you cannot visualize the safety
cable (same thing as is recommended for guy anchors) I'll send you a scan of
the page from the manual.

Knock on wood that you didn't have any serious losses from this failure!

73

dan
k0dan