Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchors (soil conditions)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchors (soil conditions)
From: "Carrington, Walter" <Walter.Carrington@umassmed.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:39:45 -0500
The effectiveness of screw anchors depends on soil conditions,
which I know little about.  But there are people who do.
I've seen maps of soil conditions of my hometown;
ask at your town hall, county seat, etc.
Ask contractors, septic system contractors, building inspectors,
electric/telephone co. workers, or whoever in your area should
know about soils.  I suspect in some parts of the country soil
conditions are very uniform.  In most of New England the biggest
problem is getting the things further than 3 inches into the ground.
--Walter K1CMF
P.S.  My screw anchors are strictly temporary and for only 30 or 40' of
Rohn 25.