[Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:23:02 -0500
Howdy all,

I am shortly going to be putting up my first real tower - 5 sections of Rohn
25.

I plan on guying the tower with two sets of guys per Rohn specs.  My
question is about anchoring them.  I have purchased Rohn GA5604 screw
anchors.  The specs on these say that they have 2500 pounds worth of holding
power.  I was actually surprised when I received them at how small the screw
portion was.

My question is this:  Are these sufficient for my tower installation or do I
need to think about digging a hole and putting these anchors in concrete?  I
was originally planning on doing this but now I am wondering if I need to go
through all that extra work.

Thanks es 73,

Jon
NA9D