[Towertalk] US Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] US Towers
From: k4zzr@bellsouth.net (David)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:28:58 -0400
....actually I'm very pleased with my new HDX-555 crankup tower and the
support I've received so far from US Towers.  Gary and Darla have always
answered my questions (other than the mast yield strength).   The tower was
supposed to take 10-14 weeks to arrive but I got it in just under 8 weeks.
After realizing just how hard it is to crankup these heavy towers, I ordered
the MD-75 motor/winch.   It arrived a couple weeks later in a very solid
wood box, but the large wheel was bent like pretzel (thanks UPS).   One call
to Gary and a replacement was on the way the next day.  Bottom line is, I'm
thoroughly impressed with this tower and the folks who build them.

On another note, I've got several photos of the tower installation I'm
scanning in and will offer a link to my website when it's ready to look at.
To summarize, I ordered the tower June 14th and working on just the weekends
(digging, pouring concrete, installing the tower, grounds system and
suppressors, underground conduit, installing the M2 2800 rotator and
Optibeam, etc.) - I just finished it last night.   It was a LOT of hard and
hot work and if I were to do it again, I'd wait until January when it's not
sweltering here in south Florida!   God bless my poor wife who helped me
during the whole job.   Now we can enjoy normal weekends again.  :-)

David, K4ZZR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>