[TowerTalk] Attaching Guys to Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching Guys to Tower
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu Mar 6 15:59:45 2003
on 3/6/03 1:10 PM, Jerry K3BZ at k3bz@arrl.net wrote:

> I'm getting the hardware ready for my tower installation (as soon as the
> snow melts).  I have guys, shackles, thimbles... but what is the correct way
> to fasten the hardware to the tower?

AFAIK, you can loop the guy wire around each vertical tower member and apply
the appropriate guy grips or cable clamps.  It's better to have the guy
attach assembly as it clamps AROUND the tower and doesn't put the stress
points directly on the vertical elements of the tower sections.  But those
are expensive and if you can't find one at a low cost, you aren't being hurt
that much - particularly if it's a lower height Rohn 25 tower.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden