[TowerTalk] Re: The Ultimate One Tower System

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: The Ultimate One Tower System
From: DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:39:26 -0700
Guy, interesting analysis on stacking. I was just wondering if your max gain
numbers were at a constant elevation vs. stack height or not. I wouldn't
think so. In other words, wouldn't the optimum stack height and separation
be also related to what elevation angle we're trying to obtain a maximum
gain at? The higher stack may provide a higher gain lobe but it may be at
only 1 or 2 degrees of elevation angle, which might not be as useful as a
lower stack with less gain but at say a 5 degree elevation angle. It gets
pretty complex.

The ultimate one tower system (and I'm talking Buck Rogers stuff here) might
be to have a free standing tower with Hazer mounted antennas that could be
raised or lowered on the fly. All this would be computer controlled based on
frequency of operation, terrain, and desired elevation angle. Naturally the
antennas would be mono band Yagis that also have on the fly adjustable
element length and spacing, controlled by the computer. So all bands of
operation could be covered with monoband performance. Just a few minor
technical hurdles to overcome and we could all have one of these...Hi!
Nobody said that money was an object did they?

--Dave
K0QE