Re: [TowerTalk] AS25G plate

To: KJ6Y@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AS25G plate
From: "Bruce Ferratt" <uglyatc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:06:23 -0500
Skip-
Hello.
If one wants to use a thrust bearing on a Rohn 25G and have a rotor plate
too, the accessory shelf will only fit at the very top of the 'top
section',... this is where there is no zig-zag/crossbar in the Rohn
tower,... or down at the very next section (9-10ft down)  One needs to use
two (2) shelves for this configuration.  The only way an AS25G plate will
fit about 4-5ft down in the top section is if you: 1) cut a crossbar
out,...OUCH! and there goes the integrity of the top section ( I guess you
could re-weld this back) or, 2) cut the plate down and notch it for the
rotor install.
I think that using a mast that goes down further inside (10ft to the next
section) is overkill for my application.  I am mounting a Tribander with a
stacked vertical for 2m/440.
Thanks for your recommendations!
73
Bruce