Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran vibration damping?

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran vibration damping?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:25:13 -0400
Frank,

Can you provide some detail on your solution? How many dampers did you need
and where on each guy were they placed? How did you determine these
parameters? If they were placed out of reach from the ground or tower, did
you have to disconnect each guy to install them?

The product literature suggests vibration is potentially damaging to the
connecting hardware. Is this a real concern for typical ham intallations, or
is the primary issue the noise?

Thank & 73,
Dick WC1M