[TowerTalk] Mating Rohn 45 and 55

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mating Rohn 45 and 55
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:59:27 -0500
I think I too may recall a section that mated these together.  But, I'll bet it
was a bit more expensive, adding another negative to the consideration.  I'm
guessing they don't match up without that adapter section, since the legs on 55
are larger diameter.

Besides which, it doesn't sound like a very good idea to me, because you will
be reducing the capabilities of your tower versus just staying with 55 all the
way.  I mean, if it's partly 55 anyway, you'll get your maximum capability by
sticking with 55.  Otherwise, if you're going to have a reduced capability, you
might as well go with 45 all the way and save yourself some money, since 55
costs and is worth more.  If you need more 55, buy it used from me, if you're
within pickup distance.

73 - Rich, KE3Q