[TowerTalk] EHS leader on phillystran guys

To: "Tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EHS leader on phillystran guys
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:38:54 -0400
Hi. I plan to follow the recommendation that short EHS leaders be used at
the bottom of my phillystran guys to avoid damage from vandalism and brush
fires. The leaders will be long enough to put the philly out of reach. It's
occurred to me that it might be a good idea to put short EHS leaders at the
tower end to guard against damage from tools and parts accidentally being
dropped, abrasion from parts and tools being hauled up, etc. I'm pretty sure
I saw this done when a local ham had his towers professionally installed.
What's the general opinion on this? Has anyone done it? If so, what length
leaders did you use at the tower end?

73, Dick WC1M