[TowerTalk] Only 2 Pier Pins on Rohn 25 Baseplate?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Only 2 Pier Pins on Rohn 25 Baseplate?
From: "jknodel M Knodel" <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 01:27:48 -0700
Hello all,

I am back again with another question.  Thank you to all who have replied
and helped answer previous questions that I have posted.

I noticed that the standard (not hinged) concrete base plate for Rohn 25
only has holes for 2 pier pins.  Is is advisable to drill an additional hole
or two in the base plate and install additional pin(s)?  It would seem that
this would secure the plate to the concrete foundation more securely.

Or, is the plate designed for only 2 pins so that the tower base can
slightly move with the wind forces, such as the commercial towers do with a
single point bearing connection?

Thanks for any help.

73,

Jon, N7XW