[TowerTalk] FW: Winch Recommendation for Tramming Antennas Up/Down

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Winch Recommendation for Tramming Antennas Up/Down
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 00:04:07 -0500

Ed,  having tried many variations, from Kubota /John Deer Tractors,4 wheel
drive jeeps in creeper gear to good old manual labor, I opted to get a Capstan
winch ,  AB Chance ( hubble)
http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/POWERTEST/chance/hoists/pwhoists_1154.htm
It has installed many a tower rohn 20/25/45/55/65 AB105 and AN towers  and
antennas of all size and shape.  The control you have with a Capstan hoisting
device is fantastic as compared to trucks/tractors and the danger of over drift
of a electric  steel cabled winch !   1/2 in adjustment are now capable making
life  much easier for the high MAN.  I mount it to the tower most times @ the
base but on occasion mount it to a custom made tube inserted in the truck
receiver that can mount and holed both or either the tram lines and the winch.

  Wayne W3EA

> From: w0yk@msn.com> To: towertalk@contesting.com> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007
> 07:42:42 -0800> Subject: [TowerTalk] Winch Recommendation for Tramming
> Antennas Up/Down> > What is your favorite winch for tramming antennas up/down
> a tower? Power or> hand crank?> > Thanks,> Ed - W0YK> >

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last. Get it
now!