Re: [TowerTalk] new tower install

To: <kc8hz@hotmail.com>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] new tower install
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 12:48:43 -0500
Roger is "pipe-dreaming" and is looking for insite:

<snip>
"Anyway, I have not seen the tower and the 'messenger' told me nothing more
than "180 feet and it's already on the ground". I have no idea what
brand/condition/construction/weight/etc....  So at this point, I'm
'pipe-dreaming' for my ham station."

So, Roger, Just how long is that piece of string?.. With out more info, you
can't even make a "SWAG", much less an intelligent guess. ie: Manufacture, wind
load capacity, etc........ Either you need info from the manufacture or
scribbling from an engineer.

<snip>

"Where I live, there are NO CODES or HOAs or any of that crap. I talked with
the township trustees about putting up a tower and asked if I needed any
permits or blessings. NOPE. "

You lucky dog!!!  But I'd still "get it in writing, get it in writing, get it
in writing"
Other wise down the road it's your word against whom ever...........

BTW, I'm not an engineer.

Gd luck with your project.  Stay safe.

73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake