Re: [TowerTalk] Additonal Comm Port

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Additonal Comm Port
From: "Gary Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:58:31 -0600
Jim's words are very true. Also, Plug and Pray will often assign addresses to the ports that older programs can not use.

73,
Joe kk0sd

From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
To: "Noel" <yaesurig@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:23:05 -0800

What rig control software are you using?
Many, many "heritage" programs use serial port access methods that don't
comply with the latest and greatest Windows methods. Not just trying to hit
the hardware directly, but even trying to open "COMx:" doesn't work
reliably.  And, working your way through all the Windows API calls to make
serial ports work is a royal pain.

Jim, W6RMK