Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-455 Crank Up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX-455 Crank Up
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:31:05 +0000
What about using a DC Winch such as those mounted on the front of trucks
or jeeps? You can get a 6000# monster for not that much money.

73, Dick, W1KSZ

> Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:10:23 -0500> From: blueheron@Bayland.net> To:
> lk_side@hughes.net> CC: towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US
> Tower TX-455 Crank Up> > I bought a integral motor/gear reduction unit off of
> ebay for $120 bux > shipped that was brand new.> > It took a little ingenuity
> and fabrication to adapt it to the tower but > does work wonderful!> > Can
> take some pix of it if you're interested.> > 73 Dwight NS9I> > wayne chapman
> wrote:> > Good Morning Gentleman,> > I am brand new to tower talk and to my
> TX-455, so please excuse me if this is a duplicate question from a past
> entry.> > In the process of my TX-455 installation I found it necessary to
> raise and lower it a couple of times, not being Arnold Swartzenager I also
> leaned very quickly its not something I want to do too often. > > So, My
> question is, has anyone found success with a generic 110v winch that would
> replace the hand crank unit and be far less costly than the US Tower $1500+
> power un
 it? > > I also have the razing fixture but I am not concerned about it as I do
not believe it will be necessary to tilt over the tower as often as I may want
to raise and lower the unit.> > Thank You in advance for any help you may be
able to provide,> > Wayne, W7WAC > >