Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator capacity clarification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator capacity clarification
From: "wa5zup" <wa5zup@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:33:48 -0600
Not according to Yaesu.
I called them and verified this.
The mast weight is included in the Yaesu K-Factor calculation.
It is in the user manual for the G-800DXA/G-1000DXA/G-2800DXA series (page
5).
They told me, for the antenna system I was considering, to take the
antenna/mast weight load off the rotor.
The K-Factor is Yaesu's formula for Yaesu rotors only.
John
Waa5zup