[TowerTalk] Safe to buy 45G with a broken weld or bent rod?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Safe to buy 45G with a broken weld or bent rod?
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 05:01:30 -0800
Making a trip today to pick up a used tower, so this question is URGENT.
(Please copy me directly on your reply since I subscribe to the list in Digest
form.)

I am pickup up a used 45G tower today.

One 10' section has a broken weld. It is at the bottom of the tower. It is the
first bend that the Z-brace makes.
The rod is separated by about 1/4" from the tower leg.

Another section has the first (bottom most) z-brace diagonal pretty noticeably
bent.
I'd guess the middle of the rod is out at least 1" maybe 1.5" from where it
should be.

Are either of these sections safe to buy or should I pass them up?

Thanks & 73,

John
W2ID