Re: [TowerTalk] First Tower

To: Wilson <infomet@embarqmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] First Tower
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 15:25:02 -0400
IT all depends on what tower your talking about... I have installed  antennas
via tram or pull & snake  above a set of guys. But were talking about  Rohn 55
or Rohn 65 or AB-105...  My Rohn 25G towers the top set of guys are down 4 ft
on the flat  plate top  design tops. and IMHO  there is no problem     Tramming
a large  30 plus ft boom
HF antenna  even with  a back stay and the guys @ the joint..... Could create
some pucker in the seat of your pants !  can you do it  SURE but would it be a
comfortable on Rohn 25G   ??? a then there are variables Sold concrete base ?
Peir pin base at 80 ,80 or 100 ft ???  or 40ft tower with the guys @ 80%  or 32
' No problem

YMMV    Wayne W3EA    . .