[TowerTalk] Cadweld vs Tectoweld

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cadweld vs Tectoweld
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:05:46 +0000
A week or two ago I requested some help concerning Cadwelds. I receiverd several very helpful and informative replies. Amongst them was a reply from Wilson Liu, a representitive of ATI Tectonics NA. Wilson was kind enough to send me some samples of their product called, Tectoweld. I had a chance today to make some connections using that product. First it all comes in a sealed pouch. Opening the pouch I found the weld material and a separate tube that contained the igniting material. Nothing to search for. The amount appeared to be in excess of the amount received in the Cadweld package. I actually used a Cadweld mold which I retained when I failed to ignite the Cadweld material. It was more than filled. The material ignited with one click of a spark igniter and produced a very satisfactory result. Others may have had different results but on the basis of my experience I recommend Tectoweld for ground connection welding. I do not know the cost of the units since my sample was just that. My understanding is that clubs and individuals that order in bulk can receive discounted pricing but small orders are welcome as well. I have no connection with this company but was quite satisfied with the product. More information can be obtained from wilsonlui@atitec.com. By the way the way they also make and sell all types of grounding materials.

Howard..K2HK