RE: [TowerTalk] Bandpass filters - ICE vs Dunestar

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Bandpass filters - ICE vs Dunestar
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:24:40 -0500
Pete,

If you haven't done so already, it would be a lot cheaper to make up a set
of switchable bandpass stubs, ala the designs on K1TTT's website. A bit more
work, of course. Stubs got rid of most of my problems, but in the end I
added a pair of switchable inline bandpass filters to get rid of the last
vestiges of interference. I had the Dunestars for a while and they worked
fine. Replaced them with a set of switchable W3NQN filters (a unit similar
to the Dunestars from Array Solutions -- now discontinued.) Haven't tried
the ICE filters.

73, Dick WC1M