Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower installation specifications

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower installation specifications
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 02:25:26 -0000
If  you guy the tower according to Rohn specifications. your first guy point
will be at 36' to 45' (depending on the load and wind speed requirements).
Why would you build the tower higher than that before attaching any guy
wires?

John KK9A

To:<towertalk@contesting.com>
From:Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date:Mon, 2 Apr 2012 12:34:48 -0400

<snip>  Further,  I'm planning to put up 150 feet of R55 here at my QTH and
wont put any guys on  it guy it til I get up to about 60 feet. My base will
be probably 3x3x3, and  I'll ultimately have 3 sets of guys on it, per
Rohn's specs.  Ground here, as  it was where the Rohn 25 installation was,
is hard clay.

Roger aka RoGrrr
KC8HZ