Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Meter with TV antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Meter with TV antenna
From: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:33:52 -0500
It sure is possible Will.  I've done it myself years ago with the TV antenna
over the 2-meter antenna.  I chose that configuration simply because the TV
antenna was smaller then the home-brew Long-John I was using on two meters
so it did not look as top-heavy.  I honestly can't remember the separation I
used, but knowing me it was as much space as I could safely get on a single
mast. It worked just fine for me.

HOWEVER - Be aware, it was a challenge to 'time share' with my wife watching
TV and me on the air as to who got to choose the direction of the antennas.
If you're single or don't watch TV while on the air should not be a problem.
The rotor control had it's own plug/jacks to use with both the TV and Ham
Shack.

Eventually I went with a simple omni type antenna on two meters, I am sure
that antenna configuration saved our marriage. <grin>

Good luck,
Eric - VE3GSI.