Re: [TowerTalk] Hawk's nest platform

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hawk's nest platform
From: "JoeCoolDXer" <JoeCoolDXer@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:05:11 -0800
  From: TexasRF@aol.com<mailto:TexasRF@aol.com>
  To: towertalk@contesting.com<mailto:towertalk@contesting.com>
  Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:13 AM

  Hi Dale, if you take the extra step to add AC and Heating along with walls
  and roof,, you are assured of success!

  You can decorate the inside with pictures of beautiful naked Red Hawks for
  even more attraction.

  Yea, it's a slow day here!

  73,
  Gerald K5GW

  In a message dated 3/12/2010 8:46:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
  kg5u@hal-pc.org<mailto:kg5u@hal-pc.org> writes:

  A  pair of red-shouldered hawks have constructed and are sitting a nest
  in a  pine tree in the front yard of house down the street from me.

  They are  very likely the same pair that damaged my C3E 20m
  reflector--one or both  perched on the element on one side or the other
  of the boom breaking the  element-boom rivets.

  Since they regularly use my mast and less often my  C3E to perch, I got
  to thinking that if they nested on the tower top,  maybe they would do
  their perching elsewhere other than the  C3E.

  Has anyone ever put up a platform suitable for nest-building
  (low-walled, holed for drainage, etc.) on the top of their  mast?

  73,
  dale, kg5u