[TowerTalk] 160m project

To: "A TOWER TALK GROUP" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m project
From: "Its from Onion" <aredandgold@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:40:58 -0600
Hello all,

I am in the design stage of a dipole antenna for 160m and would like some
professional input in case I missed something.  All input is appreciated and
welcomed.  I'm a bi-lateral amputee so my time table is dependent on my friends
time!  haha

The jest of it:
260 feet of #12 wire suspended at or about 85 feet.
65 feet of 600 ohm ladder line feeding the wire directly.
A mil-spec balun from Antenna Products rated at 2-30M 4Kw PEP
http://www.antennaproducts.com/BINDEX.htm<about:blank> SM-153.
50 feet of 9931 coax with a 6" PVC air choke made from 25 feet of 9931 wrapped.
This is tuned with an Ameritron ATR-15 "T" type tuner

Legal limit when needed from a AL-1200 Ameritron.

Will send a photo of the balun should you want to see.

Thanks again and

73,
Lee
KE4VYN