Re: [TowerTalk] Survey

To: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>, "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "bill rubin" <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Survey
From: "Its from Onion" <aredandgold@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:51:58 -0600
Very good advice.  The beverages are great antennas but you need at least 800
feet or so to make a good one.  Also have to be careful about stray electrical
spikes killing the front end of your rig.  There are some great products out
there that will do this.

In the book the "DXing on the Edge" JA1HQT had a 12 position coax switch for
his beverages with a world map on the face of the switch.  With antennas
ranging from 360 feet to 790 feet.

Look at all the big contest winners to see what they LISTEN with and that will
tell you something.