Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design

To: hasan schiers <schiers@netins.net>, Pat Rundall <pat@n0hr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design
From: AB2E Darrell <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:43:02 -0400
Greetings Hasan,
Check out OK1RR's excellent site,
http://ok1rr.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.38
specifically for an antenna called the Battle Creedk Special. It is a
well-known antenna used by many dxpeditions, made for 40-80-160, using traps.
The link above is for the wire version.
73 Darrell AB2E> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:11:26 -0500> From:
schiers@netins.net> To: pat@n0hr.com> CC: towertalk@contesting.com> Subject:
Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design> > Pat, what are the details
of your trap? I'm using an inverted L for 80m, > about 5' away from my tower
and have been VERY happy with its > performance. I've often thought of putting
a trap in it and extending > the sloping section to get 160 m on it, but have
not seen either a > commercial trap or design for a trap that I was happy with.
What > resonant freq did you choose for the trap, and how is it constructed? >
Thanks, 73> > ...hasan, N0AN> > Pat Rundall wrote:> > I am contemplating the
construction of a dual band inverted L for 160 and 80> > meters. It would be a
quarter wave design with a sloping top and mounted off> > of the side of my
self supporting tower.> >> > I have modeled it in MMANA and am looking for
advice on the design,> > improvements, matching unit/trap ideas, alterna
 tives, etc.> >> > You can see what the design looks like, SWR/gain plots,
design> > considerations, etc. here:> >
http://www.n0hr.com/Dual_band_Inv_L.htm> >> > If you have input, I would
certainly love to hear it.> >> > 73> > Pat N0HR> >
8.0.134 / Virus Database: 270.4.3/1529 - Release Date: 7/1/2008 7:23 PM> >