Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Rotator Cable Replacement
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:01:28 +0000
I have found that  exposed  THHN will loose it’s clear layer after a few years
exposed, BUT the vinyl coating stayed in tact for some time.
At my Old QTH my PropPitch rotors were feed with THHN I then and upgraded  #10
UF wire and am using it at this QTH for 30 years with no problems,
I transition form the UF to flexible cable from a WX proof junction box

YMMV

Wayne ,W3EA