[TowerTalk] getting the ufer ground effect with a burried painted sectio

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] getting the ufer ground effect with a burried painted section
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:55:26 -0500
I’m pouring concrete for a tower base using a bottom section standing on gravel
in the hole.  I had assumed that would prove some UFER ground benefit but
wanted to ask because before placing the section into the hole it was painted
well with the Rustoleum cold galvanizing paint.

I hope that I have not voided my ufer ground effect with the application of the
paint.  Because here in the Midwest, lightning is definitely going to be a
problem faced sooner than tower corrosion.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie