[TowerTalk] Driving ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Driving ground rods
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 97 17:25:00 -0600
Hi Barry
You can get a fence pole driver from Home Depot for about $20. I bought
one of these but found starting a hole and then poring in about a quart
of water and the go right in by hand. Just work the rod up and down then
drive it in the rest of the way with a sledge. This technique works
really well but depends on the type of soil you have.

73 Steve W8GAZ

#1 apparently won't hold a round bit.
#2 seems a bit unwieldy to carry 66 lbs up a 6 ft ladder

Other ideas invited...
Tnx/Barry
 --
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com