Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:24:29 -0800
::Since Dan brought this up, I thought I'd pipe in here.  I have bought and
sold a lot of homes and they all sold competitively, if not above fair
market value; however none of them had any CC&Rs or HOAs involved.  My last
private home sale was my house in Chatsworth, you can research that sale if
you wish: Address was 21101 Celtic St., Chatsworth, CA 91311.  Sold in
November 1999 for $479,000 (if I recall correctly -- I think that's right),
which was the highest resale in that neighborhood during that calendar
quarter.  When I listed it, and even the day we closed escrow on the sale,
there were numerous antennas installed including a couple of towers, and
even VHF-UHF omnis on the chimneys of the house.  The buyers not only didn't
care, they didn't even notice...at the escrow closing, I showed up to hand
over the keys and promise, "Don't worry, before you move in, the antennas
will be down and removed," and their response was, "What antennas?"

But, that's a different situation from an HOA.   This was an unencumbered
property and a one acre lot.  The antennas were installed at the back end of
the yard, 200 feet behind the house, so unless you looked way back there
(looking over dozens of trees and stuff), you really wouldn't see them.
They were easier to spot from a mile away than from the yard.

Good luck with trying to convince an HOA about antennas...this is the reason
I don't buy any properties with HOAs.  -WB2WIK/6

>Krish, I don't know if you've tried to contact Steve, WB2WIK, but he's
related on eHam that he's sold a lot of houses at which he installed
towers and made a good profit on every single one.

Dan<