[TowerTalk] Rotating tower guying question

To: "<towertalk@contesting.com>" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotating tower guying question
From: Andre VanWyk via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 18:07:48 -0500
I am about to start construction on my new 165ft Rohn 55G rotating tower. My
anchors are 180ft out from the base.

My question is: Just how much is using Phillystrand cable buying me versus
using EHS cable broken up with insulators?

I don't want to cut corners on this installation but the cost on the EHS is far
lower than Philly and I am sure the lifespan is much longer too.

How about using Philly for 50% out from the tower bearings and then EHS for the
remaining 50% down towards the anchors?

Any comments / thoughts would be appreciated.

73's
NJ0F

Sent from my iPad