Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi

To: Mark - AA6DX <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted vee mounted above HF Yagi
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:20:36 -0400
Hi Mark,

You may well be correct---it was so very long ago that I can't recall (I'd only
been licensed myself but a coupla years at the time, too).

Zenon did what he did in order to get on 160-meters: he figured the notion of
placing the 1.8-MHz dipole / "V" like that  above his HF rotary would (1) save
room on his city-sized lot, and, (2) give him the advantage of higher altitude.

I guess if one were to conduct some research into the Hy-Gain adverts in QST,
etc. from back then, one might actually get to see what this contraption looked
like...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ